Our Medical Legal Partnership is expanding once again and we could use your help in making it a success. At Mountain Park, Our Care Teams focus on a patient's whole health. We believe by providing legal assistance, we are able to decrease stress and anxiety allowing people to focus on other parts of their lives. From landlord/tenant issues to sensitive family relations, we give our patients resources and information while protecting their privacy and confidentiality.
The MLP program takes places every Thursday from 8:00am to noon at Mountain Park’s Baseline Clinic, 635 E. Baseline Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85042.
- For Attorney Volunteers: Commit to be on call - 1 hour minimum.
- Our MLP team and volunteers will call an attorney if a patient has any questions in regards to a court process, or in the area of their expertise. The questions can range from court filing questions, generic legal advice, or request for a referral recommendation to give to our patients.
- If there is no immediate/easy answer, the attorney will commit to follow back with the MLP coordinator in the next 1-3 days with an answer or a referral.
- For Non-Attorney Volunteers: Law students, staff and/or paralegals can volunteer with the MLP program for 2 - 4 hours.
- Volunteers will meet with patients and gather information through our client intake online forms.
- Please bring with you a personal laptop, iPad or phone for notes and client intake. A notepad and pen/pencil are also helpful.
To sign up for a volunteer shift, please click here.
- Data Entry
- Child Welfare
- Case Work / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment