44 people are interested
44 people are interested
Job Description and Statement of ResponsibilitiesUAA Foundation
Member of the Board of DirectorsI. Role of Board of Directors
The UAA Foundation’s Board of Directors supports the work of UAA Foundation and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by UAA Foundation’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.II. Board Member Responsibilities
The responsibilities of Members of the Board of Directors are as follows:A. Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements UAA Foundation’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by UAA Foundation for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving UAA Foundation’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions
- Being informed of, and meeting all legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other Board Members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing UAA Foundation to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring UAA Foundation’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities UAA Foundation serves
UAA Foundation Board Members will consider UAA Foundation a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that UAA Foundation can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, UAA Foundation expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.III. Board terms/participation
UAA Foundation’s Board Members will serve a three-year term and will be eligible for re-appointment for one or more additional terms. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.IV. Qualifications
Board membership provides an extraordinary opportunity for service for individuals who are passionate about UAA Foundation’s mission and who have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. Board members’ experience and accomplishments will allow them to participate effectively in Board activities, to contribute significantly to UAA Foundation’s mission, and to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Candidates for Board membership will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of UAA Foundation’s mission and objectives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including an affinity for cultivating effective relationships and persuading, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of individuals and communities served by UAA Foundation
Service on UAA Foundation’s Board of Directors is without remuneration; however, exceptions may be made on a pre-approved basis for remuneration of costs related to specific, agreed-upon assignments or activities in support of UAA Foundation’s mission or programmatic activities.
34 More opportunities with UNITED AID for AFRICA. Let's help save the children and build a better tomorrow.1 Review
About UNITED AID for AFRICA. Let's help save the children and build a better tomorrow.
1629 K Street NW, WASHINGTON DC, DC 20008, US
United Aid for Africa (UAA-FOUNDATION INC.) 501 c (3) organization was established in 2009 in Washington DC with the aim to fight poverty in Africa. Primarily engaged in community improvement and social change, UAA's mission is to contribute to the Economical and Social development of Africa by promoting and expanding education efforts along with community development initiatives.
As an international charitable organization, the foundation demographic focuses are Children and Women. Yet, the organization strives to help children and Women across the African continent overcome all problems connected with poverty to become healthy, educated, self-sustaining and contributing members of society. This goal is achieved mainly through a set of projects and Programs carefully designed to address the immediate and basic needs of children and women, and provide them with the tools and opportunities necessary to become successful within their communities.
The foundation also manages forum discussions where it encourages everyone to bring ideas on how to solve specific problems. It has for objective to bring together everyone around the world in order to find solutions for Africa. The organization functions at the international level where employees, members, Ambassadors and board of directors live athwart the world.
UAA-Foundation also works very hard to establish credibility, build long-lasting relationships with institutions in the private sector, local community leaders, and government agencies who can assist us implement our programs thereby giving a voice to deprived and vulnerable children as well as women.
UAA-Foundation is led and supported by a multigenerational, ethnically & geographically diverse board with a variety of experience in organizational management, program development, and business development.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 8, 2021
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed