We are creating a series of t-shirt and tatoo designs to use as an awareness campaign and fund-raiser for Take Back The Night.
To submit your design please follow these steps:
- Complete the documents located in this folder ( https://campusoutreachservices.egnyte.com/fl/fGw7tZCwK4) and then upload to https://campusoutreachservices.egnyte.com/ul/ZoytD03cUe
- The forms you’ll be completing are a W9 (this is a standard tax form with your tax ID needed because you are being given donation credit), a Contact Info Form, and a Donation Agreement (so that we are able to use your design).
- Next, please retitle your file name for your submission as follows: TBTN_Shirt_Design_LastName_FirstName_Submission#_Year.
- For example: Ali Jone’s first design submission would be: TBTN_Shirt_Design_Jones_Ali_1_2017
- Her second submission would be: TBTN_Shirt_Design_Jones_Ali_2_2017
- Next, upload your submission to: https://campusoutreachservices.egnyte.com/ul/ZoytD03cUe
All submissions are donated in their entirety to the Take Back The Night Foundation upon submission, including all ownership rights. The Take Back The Night Foundation reserves the right to choose the winning design and to use any or all other submitted designs as it sees fit for any purpose now or at any point in the future.
Please use the following guidelines in creating your designs.
All Designs MUST Include:
- Any one or more images or themes related to Take Back The Night including, but not limited to:
- Night or nighttime
- People supporting people
- Speaking out
- Shattering silence
- Hurt to healing
- Voices of courage
- Power in numbers
- The TBTN Purple (PMS 2425; RGB 153-0-102) color
- The color black
- The color white
- Historically unsafe places (especially for women)
- One additional color of your choice may be added to create a 4-color print.
- We prefer 2 color designs, but will accept full-color and 4 color designs. Note: Black and White count as colors. For example, a 2 color design might be Black and Grey on a white backdrop OR a white and purple design on a black backdrop.
- Design must be appropriate for either a black or white shirt (or both). We prefer you submit 2 versions of your design so that it could be used on both colors of shirts. If you only do a design for one color, please specify whether it is for a black or white shirt.
More about Shirt Design Themes
- Designs will be supportive of the TBTN Foundation's mission:
- a. TBTN Foundation Mission Statement: The Take Back The Night Foundation serves to create safe communities and respectful relationships through awareness events and initiatives. We seek to end sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual abuse and all other forms of sexual violence.
- Designs will be in good taste (we cannot accept shirts with nudity, violence, hate crimes or slogans, or bad language). The shirts will be available to the general public.
- Vector file format (.ai or .eps) is preferred, but we will also accept a high-resolution .jpeg file with a minimum resolution of 600 pixels per inch.
- The ideal size should be 4800 pixels (width) x 6000 pixels (height).
- All files must be between 5-10 MBs.
- All designs must be between 9’’ to 10’’ wide and 10’’ to 12’’ high for placement on the front of a t-shirt. You are welcome to submit additional variations that could be used for mugs, stickers, buttons, phone covers, etc.
Your submission is greatly appreciated as we take a stand against sexual violence by creating wearable statements of support. For more information, email Shirts@TakeBackTheNight.org or visit TakeBackTheNight.org/events.
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Visual Arts
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Time to create a design? 10 minutes-10 hours?
- Art and design skills