State Certified Long Term Care Ombudsman
Ombudsman Services of San Mateo County, Inc.
Join our Ombudsman Representatives who are making a difference in the lives of residents in Long-Term care facilities within San Mateo County.
As a Resident Advocate, you:
- Protect the health, safety, dignity and well-being of elder and dependent adults.
- Create immediate and positive change in the lives of residents
- Make unscheduled visits to the long-term care facilities
- Monitor residents' quality of care and quality of life.
- Investigate and resolve abuse cases
- Receive state certification for free.
"What is the essence of life? To serve others and to do good." - Aristotle
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Ombudsman Services of San Mateo County, Inc.
711 Nevada St, Redwood City, CA 94061, US
Our Mission is to actively promote standards of excellence in advocacy and enhancement of the quality of life for residents of long-term care facilities in the county.
Our Ombudsmen monitor facilities and receive complaints made by or on behalf of residents. They investigate and work to bring resolution to those complaints. Ombudsmen are state-mandated to investigate all allegations of abuse that occur in the facilities.