The Center for Amazon Community Ecology is a non-profit organization that helps native artisans from the Peruvian Amazon to develop and market innovative handicrafts to create sustainable livelihoods. As a member of the Fair Trade Federation, we pay our artisan fairly and promptly and dedicate 20% of our net sales to support health, education and forest conservation in our partner communities.
We have a great opportunity to sell a wide range of hand-made Amazon crafts in our Amazon Forest Store roadshow at the Philadelphia Folk Festival that will be held from August 17 - 20 at Old Pool Farm, 1323 Salford Station Rd., Schwenksville, PA 19473.
We need energetic volunteers to help us at this fun and music filled event on one or more days. We most need people to help set up the booth on Tuesday (7/11) as well to pack up the booth on Sunday (7/13) afternoon and evening - times marked with **. We would also like help from enthusiastic volunteers to be Amazon Ambassadors to help us sell crafts and welcome booth visitors to check out our videos and engage with our Amazon education activities during the festival. Dates, times and tasks are listed below. We have one or two extra vendor passes we can share with volunteers who help us for several days before and/or during the festival. All volunteers who help us for eight hours or more will get a 20% discount on merchandise at our booth and a free Amazon Forest Store baseball cap as a gesture of our appreciation.
1**). Wednesday, August 16. Set up the tent, display materials and crafts at the CACE booth: 12 noon - 7 pm. Need 2-4 volunteers for these critical set-up tasks.
2) Thursday, August 17. Help with any remaining tasks to set-up the CACE booth and sell crafts to incoming campers. 8 am - 10 am. May need 1-2 volunteers.
3) Thursday, August 17. Help sell crafts and welcome visitors to the booth. 10 am - 10 pm. Need 1 to 2 volunteers per six-hour shift. Hours flexible.
4) Friday, August 18. Help sell crafts and welcome visitors to the booth. 10 am - 10 pm. Need 1 to 2 volunteers per six-hour shift. Hours flexible.
5) Saturday, August 19. Help sell crafts and welcome visitors to the booth. 10 am - 10 pm. Need 1 to 2 volunteers per six-hour shift. Hours flexible.
6) Sunday, August 20. Help sell crafts and welcome visitors to the booth. 10 am - 9 pm. Need 1 to 2 volunteers per six-hour shift. Hours flexible.
7**) Sunday, August 20. Help pack up the crafts, display materials and tent. 9 pm - 1 am. Need 2-4 volunteers.
For more information about CACE visit our website at www.AmazonEcology.org . Visit our online store at: www.AmazonForestStore.org .
- Environmental Education
- Retail / Sales
- Sales Marketing
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- min. 6 hr shifts on 1 or more days
- passion for environment, fair trade and/or empowering native people