Come join us for a rewarding experience!
Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. No matter what your interests are, we have an opportunity for you. Throughout the year we host fund-raising events and activities that bring people together to socialize and have fun all while making a difference in the lives of those with CF.
Some of the opportunities include walks, golf tournaments, galas; stair climb & cycle event, as well as office support is needed.
Pipeline for a Cure is an exciting Dinner/Dance event we hold to shed light on the positive effects surfing has on CF patients. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to help this event run as smooth as possbile. There are various shifts available for volunteers from 9 am to 10 pm that include helping with set up (9a-1p), event assistance (4:30p-8:30p) and clean up (6p-10p). Let us know what your area of interest is and we will find a place for you! Rally your co-workers, neighbors, family and friends together for this great cause and a good time!
Cystic Fibrosis Facts
- CF is an inherited, life-threatening disease that affects the lungs and digestive systems of about 30,000 children and adults in the US.
- People with CF have two copies of a defective gene that causes the body to produce abnormally thick, sticky mucus, which clogs the lungs and can result in fatal lung infections.
- The mucus also obstructs the pancreas, causing difficulty with absorbing nutrients in food.
- In 1955 people born with CF were not expected to live long enough to attend elementary school. Today, the predicted median age of survival for someone with the disease is 37 years.
Top 5 Reasons to Support Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- The Foundation is efficient. The foundation is one of the most efficient organizations of its kind, with nearly 90 cents of every dollar raised available for investment in vital CF research, care and education programs.
- The Foundation is innovative. The Foundation invests more money in drug discovery and development than any other disease foundation in the country. Forbes, Business Week, USA Today and Newsweek have recognized the Foundation's innovative approach to research, and its venture philanthropy business model is the subject of two Harvard Business School case studies.
- The Foundation is accountable. In 2009, the Foundation achieved the coveted four-star rating for sound fiscal management from Charity Navigator, the largest independent charity evaluator in the US. The Foundation also is an accredited charity of the Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance, meeting all of its Standards for Charitable Accountability.
- The Foundation is forward thinking. To supplement contributions raised by its dynamic agenda of GREAT STRIDES and special fund-raising events, the Foundation's Milestones to a Cure Campaign was launched to raise $175 million by 2010. To date, Milestones has raised $126 million to support critical therapeutics development.
- The Foundation is making a difference. Today, more than 44 percent of all people with CF are age 18 or older, thanks to wise investments made by the Foundation in research and comprehensive care. To ensure excellent care, the Foundation has implemented a quality improvement program and its nationwide network of 113 CF care centers. In addition, the Foundation has launched the Program for Adult Care Excellence (PACE), a $5-million initiative to enhance care for adults with CF.
To continue to combat this orphan disease, we need to expand support and ensure critical research continues.
Together, we can build hope and add tomorrows every day for those with CF.
- People Skills
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 4 Hours - 6 hours
- Volunteer Application