Human Health Project (HHP) is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to helping individuals increase their health knowledge through the sharing of health information. HHP collects, analyzes, and shares health information to empower and inform individuals to achieve better health outcomes. Our patient-centered approach enables patients and caregivers to choose treatments based on evidence-based clinical data as well as the cumulative knowledge of the HHP community.
For more Information about HHP, please visit our website: https://www.humanhealthproject.org/
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing the individual major donor program to meet the HHP’s major gifts fundraising goal and build the individual donor base. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for direct solicitation of gifts as well as for coordination of other staff and board members in additional cultivation and solicitation.
1. Manage the large donor program
2. Solicit large gifts on behalf of the organization
3. Manage relationships with donors and donor prospects
MANAGE THE LARGE DONOR PROGRAM
* Develop the plan and budget for the major donor program
* Assist in the development of goals and strategies for the development department
* Track and report on progress of the major gifts program throughout the year
* Manage effective systems for tracking and cultivating donors, and prospects through the organizational database
* Maintain donor files
* Identify, research and qualify prospective donors
* Develop portfolios of prospects for cultivation and solicitation by the CEO, CDO, Board, and other staff and provide on-going support, appropriate accountability, and strategic counsel to each to support their successful cultivation and solicitation
* Provide direct support staffing to the CEO and CDO for major donor related responsibilities (ex. scheduling meetings with donors, writing donor communications, etc).
SOLICIT GIFTS ON BEHALF OF THE ORGANIZATION
* Manage a portfolio of prospects
* Initiate contact and meet with existing and potential donors
* Develop cultivation strategies for prospects, engage staff, Board, or other organizational supporters as appropriate
* Move potential donors toward solicitation and closure
* Make solicitations
* Lead recruitment of hosts for special events such as house parties and other benefit events
MANAGE RELATIONSHIPS WITH DONORS AND PROSPECTS
* Produce materials and tools to communicate regularly with donors, supporters and potential allies
* Identify opportunities to network with donors and prospects and engage members of the staff and board as appropriate to make the most of those opportunities
* Maintain consistent quality communications with donors in coordination with the CDO, CEO, other staff, and the Board
* Ensure quality communications follow all gifts to provide thanks and documentation to donors
* Identify and implement opportunities for donor recognition, stewardship, and appreciation 2 Additional Duties Assigned to All Employees
All employees are expected to assist with execution of the annual development plan to support meeting the annual organizational budget. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
* Playing a lead or support role in drafting content for and/or submitting grant proposals
* Soliciting individual gifts from prospective major donors as assigned, by mail, phone, and in person
* Participating in donor cultivation and solicitation activities in support of small donor development, including by phone, email, or mail
* Playing a lead role in executing small fundraising events or a support role in organizing larger fundraising or donor cultivation events
* Represent the organization positively in public at all times by acting as a professional representative and ambassador
* Support the mission and goals of the organization across all programs and departments
* Maintain accountability to administrative systems and procedures, including submitting expense reimbursements, credit card reconciliations, invoices, lobbying reports, and so on by the deadlines assigned, as well as submitting content for the organizational calendar and informing other staff of activities and whereabouts
* Participate actively in staff meetings and retreats and Board meetings when requested
* Plan, track, and report on individual and departmental work in support of organizational coordination and synergy
* Contribute content for organizational communications and marketing materials, such as the website and monthly e-newsletter
* Coordinate with the CDO and CEO to develop major gifts budget and development plans
* Coordinate with the Membership Coordinator to ensure that small donor development plans and fundraising events feed into development of the major donor program
* Coordinate with the CDO, CEO and Board of Directors to develop prospects, schedule donor meetings and generate requests. Reporting and Authority The Major Gifts Officer reports to the CDO.
The Major Gifts Officer has delegated authority to implement approved plans and make implementation decisions related to fund development. The Major Gifts Officer will consult with the CDO before deviating from approved plans or making decisions that significantly affect program goals, resource allocations or other team members. The Major Gifts Officer will analyze options and make recommendations for decision by the CDO on major fund development questions and proposed goals, plans and budgets.
At least three years experience in fundraising with nonprofit organizations, including major gifts fundraising.
Must adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrate an empathetic disposition and perseverance, and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors. Excellent attention to details and follow through as demonstrated through effective project management experience. Demonstrated writing and editing skills.
Outstanding ability to work effectively in teams of diverse people and organizations.
Experience working with a contact database, as well as with Microsoft Excel. Strong organizational, communications, problem-solving and analytical skills. Highly self motivated and directed.
Proven commitment to progressive values and social change.
Experience with an advocacy-based nonprofit is a plus. Knowledge of environmental public health issues and solutions desirable.
Physical requirements include ability to spend hours listening and talking; working via computer, telephone and other electronic devices; driving frequently to meetings and events; light lifting of equipment and materials, with occasional night or weekend work, long days or overnight travel.
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Relations
- Group Facilitation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- VP, Director, Manager, Planner -...
- Graphic Designer
- Human Resources Manager
- Marketing Administrator
- VP/Director Public Relations
- PR Coordinator
- Evidenced-Based Medicine Expert
- HHP Major Gifts Officer
- VP/Director of Marketing
- Volunteer Manager
- Grant Researcher/Writer
- Director of Business Development
- COO - volunteer position at HHP
- Director of Development - Fund...
- CDO - Chief Development Officer...
- Healthcare Regulatory Lawyer
- CFO Chief Financial Officer -...
- Director Social Media