Empowering Adults life coaches
7 people are interested
UpWorks is motivated by God's love to empower and restore adults to their full potential.
Life Advocates are life coaches for adults who have come through the cycles of addiction, incarceration, immigration, or other barriers. Each client is paired with 1-2 Life Advocates who meet 1 hour a week for 8-12 weeks working on setting goals in employment or education.
The role of the Life Advocate is to love on, care for, listen to, have coffee with, coach, mentor, speak life to, encourage, walk alongside, show mercy, be present, connect to, empower and build a positive relationship with.
UpWorks provides training on how to coach, use UpWorks’ tools, and additional resources to help our clients begin to set goals and move forward. You provide the willingness to build a relationship, we provide the support. Every Life Advocate must first attend an orientation and training which occur on a regular basis.
As a Christian organization, we do require Life Advocates to be Christian.
- Meet on a weekly basis with the client to discuss progress and challenges.
- Coach and guide clients in developing achievable goals for work, home, family.
- Promote and utilize UpWorks’ tools as needed in areas such as resume development, job applications, budgeting, etc.
- Assist clients in identifying their skills, strengths and talents.
- Demonstrate Christian care and values.
Desired Attitudes and Skills:
- Maturity of personal Christian faith
- Thoughtful communicator - slow to speak, a good listener who takes time to process
- Respectful - demonstrating humility, gentleness, and kindness
- Solid work ethic - having a work history and a willingness to share their experience
- Socially balanced - engaging, polite, and able to adapt to situations and circumstances
- Guiding not a directing leader
- Ability to hold others accountable
- Strong empathy for the working poor/disadvantaged and/or a willingness to learn what it means to live in poverty
- Flexibility to work with other Life Advocates
- Supportive of client’s goals and objectives by exhibiting patience, caring, and concern
Becoming a Life Advocate Process
- Contact UpWorks at Nina@upworksmn.org
- Complete Application
- Attend training/orientation
- Complete a Background Check form
- Meet client at matching meeting facilitated by UpWorks program office.
- Meet client for 8-12 weeks for 1 hour a week and maintain communication with UpWorks Program Manager through the Client Status Update form.
We'll work with your schedule.
1600 West University Avesuite 19Saint PaulSaint Paul, MN 55104
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hr a week for 8-12 weeks