Do you have a desire to serve your community?
Would you like to make an impact in the lives of people who are blind in Dorchester, Berkley, and Charleston Counties?
Do you like to plan events, be around people, connect with your community, and collaborate with others on a common goal?
Do you have a little extra time on your hands?
If this sounds of interest to you, please consider becoming a part of the Volunteer Committee for The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. in Summerville!
We need civic minded people ready to share ideas, embrace opportunities, and help build a supportive and vibrant community around the Lighthouse’s new facility in Summerville that employs people who are blind in the Lowcountry!
The mission of The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. is "To create and enhance opportunities for independence and self-sufficiency of people who are blind, DeafBlind, and blind with other disabilities."
Members of the Volunteer Committee will
- Meet every other month to help plan fundraising and community events
- Serve as an ambassador for the Lighthouse to businesses, organizations, and other community partners
- Invite members of the community to tour our facility
- Help drive attendance and interest for community and fundraising events, promote the mission of the Lighthouse, and help us create opportunities for jobs, independence, and empowerment for people who are blind right here in South Carolina.
To learn more about The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc. please visit our website at http://www.thelighthousefortheblindinc.org.
- Event Design & Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two-six hours monthly.
- A commitment to promoting the Lighthouse mission in our community!