Because I said I would is an international social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept.
As a member of the Chapter Leadership Team and reporting directly to the Chapter Leader, the Communications Leader is a volunteer position responsible for the ongoing communication for and promotion of the local Chapter.
The Communications Leader must be available 15-20 hours per month for at least 6 months.
- Ensure all Chapter events are posted to the Chapter website, Facebook page, and other social media and community boards
- Ongoing management and oversight of the Chapter’s Facebook page, including posting photos, creating Events, sharing Events, inviting friends, increasing our Likes, etc.
- Capturing the summary notes and action items at the Chapter Meetup
- Partner with Unified Promise Leader and Video/Photography Leader to post event summaries to social media
- Assist with the marketing and promotion of local Chapter, Chapter events, including distribution of marketing materials (e.g. flyers, Chapter business cards, etc.)
- Fostering relationships within your local community through networking and outreach
- Attend monthly Chapter Meetups, Unified Promises and planning calls
- Energetic individual with great interpersonal skills, good at networking and building relationships
- Organized with keen attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication
- Ability to create and adapt effective messages for target audiences
- Social media experience preferred
All because I said I would Leadership Team volunteers should understand the importance of a promise made and kept, have an interest in humanitarianism, a sense of personal responsibility, a strong moral compass and high ethical standards.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15-20 hours per month for at least 6 months.
- To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com