Because I said I would is an international social movement and nonprofit dedicated to the betterment of humanity through promises made and kept.
As a member of the Chapter Leadership Team and reporting directly to the Chapter Leader, the Unified Promise Leader is a volunteer position responsible for assisting with the research, development, and management of group volunteer projects, called Unified Promises. The Unified Promise Leader must be available 20-25 hours per month for a 12 month commitment.
- Research humanitarian issues in your local community and identify Unified Promise opportunities
- Partner with Chapter Leader to develop and submit Unified Promise proposals for approval
- Work with Chapter Impact Lead to develop Unified Promise project plans
- Partner with the Logistics volunteer to coordinate all logistical needs for Unified Promises
- Help with recruiting volunteers to participate in Unified Promises
- Obtain any necessary permits for Unified Promises
- Build relationships with other local nonprofits
- Prepare and present Unified Promise information at Chapter Meetups
- Attend monthly Chapter Meetups, Unified Promises, and planning calls
- Energetic individual with great interpersonal skills, good at networking and building relationships
- Organized with keen attention to detail
- Good oral and written communication
- Event planning/management and/or volunteer coordination experience preferred
All because I said I would Leadership Team volunteers should understand the importance of a promise made and kept, have an interest in humanitarianism, a sense of personal responsibility, a strong moral compass and high ethical standards.
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20-25 hours per month for a 12 month commitment.
- To apply for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com