Tampa Bay Autism Speaks Walk- Team Retention Chair
The Autism Speaks Walk is the signature fundraising event of Autism Speaks. It is also the world's largest fundraising event to support the diverse needs of the autism community. This grassroots movement is driven by volunteers and powered by love. Committee members and walkers generate funds that fuel innovative research and make connections to critical lifelong supports and services.
Team Retention Chair Overview: The Team Retention Chair works with Autism Speaks staff to build relationships with past years' Team Captains and increase their revenue. The focus of this role is on recruiting former team captains, making sure they feel recognized, appreciated and supported as they work toward achieving their team recruitment and fundraising goals. Each member of this committee has a "portfolio" of past team captains to recruit and then cultivate. The Team Kickoff event is a key responsibility of this committee. The Team Retention Chair works closely with the Walk Chair and Team Recruitment Chair to maximize event fundraising revenue. This is a one-year term.
Volunteer Attributes: Experienced fundraiser, preferably someone who has served as an Autism Speaks Walk Team Captain in the past, passionate about the cause, detail oriented, able to multi-task, good communication skills, and able to meet goals and deadlines
- Understand the mission of Autism Speaks
- Understand the importance of fundraising for Autism Speaks
- Serve for one year as the Team Retention Chair
- Work with Walk Chair and Autism Speaks staff to implement the Walk as outlined in the Walk Manual
- Recruit, train, and manage a team retention sub-committee from top team captains, friends, relatives, business leaders and students
- Facilitate team retention committee meetings as needed
- Work closely with the Team Recruitment Chair to share ideas and information
- Be an expert on all fundraising and team resources and materials
- Actively promote the incentive and recognition programs
- Cultivate relationships with Team Captains
- Call past years' Team Captains and ask them to register
- Lead by example and actively fundraise for the Walk
- Mobilize personal network to participate in, volunteer for, and donate to the Walk
- Delegate responsibilites as needed to ensure the success of the Walk
- Recruit and mentor a Team Retention Chair successor
If interested, please contact Katy Moreno at Katy.Moreno@AutismSpeaks.org or 407-473-0309. Submitting your request will not secure your place as the Team Retention Chair.
About Autism Speaks
557 N. Wymore Road, Suite 101, Maitland, FL 32751, US
Autism Speaks is dedicated to promoting solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Through partnerships and collaboration, we are committed to: Increasing global understanding & acceptance of people with autism Being a catalyst for life-enhancing research breakthroughs Increasing early childhood screening & timely interventions Improving the transition to adulthood Ensuring access to reliable information & services throughout the life span
Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. Powered by the love of parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives, and supporters, the funds raised help ensure people of all abilities have access to the tools needed to lead 'their best lives’.
The commitment of individuals like you plays a critical role in raising the funding needed to fuel innovative research and lifelong supports and services. Working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve. Please register now Autism Speaks Walk at autismspeakswalk.org!