a/perture cinema a/ttendants
27 people are interested
AS AN INDEPENDENT, NONPROFIT, ART HOUSE CINEMA, A/PERTURE RELIES ON THE SUPPORT OF OUR COMMUNITY. WE’RE LOOKING FOR A TEAM OF ENGAGED VOLUNTEERS WHO CAN ENHANCE THE MEMBER EXPERIENCE BY SERVING AS ONSITE USHERS AND GREETERS DURING THE CHECK-IN PROCESS - WE’RE CALLING THESE VOLUNTEERS A/TTENDANTS.
What to expect:
- 3 hour shift from either currently from 4-7pm or 7-10pm on Friday and Saturday. We will be adding more shifts as the program gains volunteers.
- Being on your feet before showtimes, whether standing or walking
- Greeting and welcoming patrons as they arrive
- Engaging in conversation with patrons as they wait in line for Tickets / Concessions
- Expediting check-in process for patrons by ensuring members who already have their tickets and are waiting to be seated upon arrival are not unnecessarily waiting in the Tickets / Concessions line
- Ushering patrons to designated theatre
- Ensuring Tickets / Concessions line organized in the lobby
- Wearing a Black or White shirt colored shirt (not dressy, suggested not required)
- Wearing a name tag
- Working under the direction of cinema staff
- Being responsible for your own transportation and parking. (We suggest parking behind Benton Convention Center at corner of 6th St. and Cherry St.)
- Providing shift cancellation notice a minimum of 24 hours prior to shift.
Go to this link to sign up - http://signup.com/go/CZVzyhb
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
311 West 4th StreetWinston-Salem, NC 27101
- Event Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per shift