This is the perfect opportunity for the person who loves putting on a show. Have you been hiding your need to be a perfectionist? The Special Events Manager is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the organization’s events. Check out our site to see some of our great events.
The ideal candidate serves as the primary point of contact for the coordination of activities in preparation for events and ensures that deadlines and budgets meet event guidelines and initiatives.
The Events Manager plans and implements DDP Girls designated program events throughout the year. These events include, but are not limited to: the Girls 2 Women Leadership Symposium, Purple Ribbon Gala, organizational retreats and annual social dinners.
(1) Manages staff of volunteers responsible for event coordination.
(2) Trains and educates staff/volunteers on proper event procedures.
(3) Ensures staff is adequately prepared for event(s).
(4) Develop event budgets and adjust when necessary.
(5) Oversee the booking of event venues and identify cost savings.
(6) Coordinate event set up/seating, decorations and other event needs and required.
(7) Develop event menu in conjunction with venue staff and participate in tasting.
(8) Works with Marketing team to develop event marketing, invitations and other promotional materials for the event.
(9) Oversee timely execution of day of event activities and production of key deliverables to ensure event runs smoothly.
(10) Other duties, as assigned.
Length of Appointment: The Events Manager will serve a minimum of 1 year
Qualifications: Excellent communications, organizational and interpersonal skills, strong analytic ability.
Creative thinker and fast learner, ability to communicate ideas effectively.
Previous experience managing staff or volunteers and external vendors in order to maximize productivity of events.
Excellent knowledge of event/conference planning environment/tools.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per week
- Strategic Planning Member for...
- Content Writer/Editor for Teen...
- Teen Leadership Symposium...
- Mentor Coordinator Assistant
- Director of Communications for...
- Volunteer Bookkeeper
- Parent Liaison
- Love Working with Kids? Site...
- Teaching Assistant for Teen...
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Teen Leadership Workshop...
- Governance Committee Member
- Part-time Clerical Assistant...
- Helping Teens Give Back!...
- Volunteer Coordinator...
- Fund Development Director for...
- Graphic Designer for Teen...
- Finance Committee Member
- Special Event Volunteers for...
- Love Managing Projects? Project...