Volunteer Board Members for Kids with Cancer - NYC-based
27 people are interested
Seeking committed professionals to serve & build a Board of Directors to guide the development & stability of a national non-profit organization. This Board will support the national office, which manages 15 local chapters.
Board members will be required to:
- attend in person 3 of the 4 annual meetings in NYC,
- meet a minimum donation/fundraising goal,
- support an annual fundraising event in NYC, &
- be available via email to the ED/President
The For a Day Foundation celebrates 18 years of service to kids with cancer (& other serious illnesses) through quality of life services & experiences. As a Board member, you will support on-going activities through fundraising & by lending your professional skills/experience to support the ED/founder as she trains, develops, & supports local volunteers. You will help shape future policy that creates credibility within the pediatric cancer community & amongst the general public.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Event Planning / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Professional Development
- Resource Development / Management
- Children Medical Services
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- several hours a month, for 1-2 years at a time
- Previous board service preferred but not required