Join The Viscardi Center Mentoring Initiative
27 people are interested
The Viscardi Center Mentoring Initiative (VCMI) is a new mentorship program for at-risk youth with disabilities. The goal of the initiative is to improve the outcomes for at-risk youth (between the ages of 11 and 17) with disabilities through high-quality one-on-one mentoring.
The Viscardi Center is seeking adults aged 18+ years to be mentors for at-risk youth living with any kind of disability.
Benefits of Being a Mentor:
* Gain a sense of fulfilment and personal growth
* Develop leadership and management qualities
* Improve communication and interpersonal relationship skills
* Build a larger professional network
* Be recognized for your talents and experience
* Strengthen your own self-worth and confidence
* Learn new things about yourself and others
* Enhance your CV with community involvement
* Better understand how people perceive you
* Grow your circle of friends
* Contribute to the overall well-being of your society
For more information, contact: Michelle Licata at email@example.com or 516.465.1415.
"Mentoring is a structured and trusting relationship that brings young people together with caring individuals who offer guidance, support and encouragement aimed at developing the competence and character of the mentee." - Elements of Effective Practice MENTOR/The National Mentoring Partnership
We'll work with your schedule.
Long Island and New York CityAlbertson, NY 11507
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 – 6 hours per month for one year
- Genuine desire to work with and be accessible to mentee