Office Assistant Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in applying to become our organization's office assistance. Please note that this is an unpaid, volunteer position.
The Office assistant must be a caring person as well as a person with discretion. Essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in answering phones, data input and filing
- Maintain church contacts and mobilization to respond to person-to-person needs
- Maintain Resource Inventories (CRI) and service providers’ capacities to ensure a flow of help needed request coming into the HNC resource center
- Provide input to office manager on procedures, manuals, etc
The ideal candidate will exhibit:
- A strong commitment to the community
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong organizational stills, written, and communication skills
Education and experience: The Office assistant will have integrated educational training with direct experience in the following areas:
- Helping services
- Program planning and implementation
- Organizational administration
- Volunteer services
To Apply: Email hncvisalia.org or call 559.625.3822 ext. 100
About AMP MINISTRIES
PO BOX 6842, VISALIA, CA 93290, US
Hands in the Community is an easy-to-use, caring, professional source of guidance, advocacy, and access to a comprehensive range of services to the people of Tulare and Kings County. Our client base is low-income people, mainly families, who need help to cope with daily problems, such as their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. The unique strategy of Hands in the Community is to join with these providers in targeting and delivering help to those in need. HNC joins the hand of the helper to the hand of the needy.
Hands in the Community is a non-profit organization established to provide crisis and short-term referral services in Tulare County. We serve as a network, connecting services and resources between those who need them and those who can provide them. Working with existing organizations, as well as volunteers, we focus on not only fulfilling the needs of our community, but on building relationships and bridging gaps.
We provide an efficient network of services and support so that people in need can be ministered to in a timely & caring manner.
Our goal is to assist people in becoming self-sufficient and, more specifically, to strengthen the ability of families to care for themselves and their children (nearly half of those to be served by the program are children).