Retired, Professional, & Skilled Individuals needed as Hospice Volunteers!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
Thank you for your interest in serving our Hospice Patients and Families. At Heartland Hospice, we help to enrich lives each day. We welcome retired and skilled Individuals to our Volunteer Team as an Friendly Visit Volunteer.
By becoming a Hospice Volunteer, you share the gift of yourself! Heartland Hospice has a way to contribute:
- "Friendly Visitors" help to personalize, support and enhance the quality of our Patients' lives by bringing the gift of caring Companionship to our Patients with regular visits. These Volunteers offer...
- Companionship by just being there for the Patient and offering to read, play music or a game, simply talking with the Patient, or assisting with non-medical tasks
- Emotional support to the Patients by listening & sharing experiences, allowing the expression of feelings, holding a hand, giving a needed hug, and offering words of comfort
Our "Friendly Visitor" Volunteers receive training regarding the Philosophy of Hospice, the role of the Volunteer and other Staff Members, as well as helpful skills in caring for and communicating with Hospice Patients and their Families. Volunteer hours are flexible and scheduled according to your availability. Also, Volunteer duties are assigned based on your comfort level, and there is absolutely no pressure to do anything that falls outside of it.
The goal of Hospice Care is not to "cure" but to provide "comfort care" at the end of a Person's life. Together, as an interactive Team, our Volunteers and Staff strive to make life as comfortable and fulfilling as possible to the very last moment of life.
Men and Women who are Bi-lingual or Multi-lingual (Spanish, Polish, Russian, etc.), Individuals who had Careers in the Medical Field, Retired Folks, Students/Graduate Students, and People who want to make a positive difference in the Community are welcome and encouraged to apply. For more information, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Heartland Hospice in Northbrook, Illinois at 847-272-7338.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Together, we can do great things!
We'll work with your schedule.
Homes & Facilities in the North Shore & NW Suburbs2100 Sanders Road, Suite 100Northbrook, IL 60062
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A Minimum of 2 Visits per Patient each Month.
- Completion of Application, 3 References, 2-Step TB Test, Training, valid SS#.