Volunteer Board of Directors - Board Member - Accounting - Finance - CPA Expertise
CPA, Accounting and Finance expertise needed in volunteer Board member for Las Trampas, Inc.
Las Trampas supports adults with developmental disabilities in Lafayette, CA and we are searching for dedicated Board candidates with Accounting, Finance and CPA backgrounds.
Job Description - Finance - Accounting - CPA Professionals Needed
Las Trampas, Inc. seeks a finance/accounting professional with expertise in reviewing and interpreting financial information and understanding complex financial reports. We seek a leader to act as a finance advocate and assist board and staff with understanding economic trends and the impact on Las Trampas’ investment portfolio and provide strategic insight and recommendations to guide the work of the board and finance committee.
The ideal candidate for our finance/accounting professional profile will possess the following qualifications:
* Experience with nonprofit financial management, including developing budgets, restricted and unrestricted grant reporting, financial modeling, risk management, filing Form 990s, and overseeing audits
* Willingness to bring a financial lens to strategic planning and decision making
* Experience overseeing investment portfolios and asset management
* Willingness to lead the finance or audit committee or serve as the board treasurer
* Prior nonprofit board experience or a board training certificate is desirable but not required
Board Member Responsibilities
Las Trampas is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization that supports adults with developmental disabilities to discover their capabilities and to lead full lives in their home, at work, and in the community.
The Las Trampas Board of Directors is composed of leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s vision of being the service provider of choice for adults with developmental disabilities in Contra Costa County, CA.
Our board members champion the importance of exceptional board leadership and believe - as we do - that each and every organization needs a strong and effective board to fully realize its potential for good. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Las Trampas to advance its mission.
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Cost Analysis
- Financial Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Monthly Board Meetings - 4th Wednesday
- Leadership skills and passion for the Mission of Las Trampas