Objective: Meet with a participant of our Adult Foster Care (AFC) homes to visit a Movie in the Parks event in Minneapolis, MN. More information: https://www.minneapolisparks.org/activities__events/music__movies/movies_in_the_parks/
- You will pick up the participant from their AFC, take them to them to a Movie in the Parks event, enjoy the music together and then bring them home when done.
- An introductory meeting will take place at the AFC, prior to the outing, so the participant may meet you ahead of time. Our Volunteer Coordinator will let you know if the participant wants to go on the outing.
- We ask that you call the participant the day of the outing to remind/confirm that you’re meeting that day and then later confirm the activity with the Volunteer Coordinator after it has been accomplished. If you do not receive confirmation of the outing from the participant, you may assume it is not on for that day.
Qualifications: Are you a caring individual aged 18+, with a clean criminal record, who would like to spend some time at a Movie in the Parks event with someone who lives with a persistent mental health diagnosis? You will need to pass background checks and orientation/training, which CIP will provide and perform.
Training & Preparation for the job: You will go through training & orientation at CIP. You will be trained in all aspects needed for your volunteer opportunity, especially Vulnerable Adult and HIPAA training. Background/driving record checks and training usually takes 1.5 - 2 hours.
Commitment: This is a 1-time commitment activity. If you and the participant enjoy the activity and want to do another, you may work with the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule more activities. It is our hope that if a strong relationship develops it might continue beyond that timeframe. However, if it was not a good match to begin with, a change may be made.
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Problem Solving
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs train/bkgrnd cks; 3.5 hrs activity