Our overnight host volunteers:
- Are on-site from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM at our overnight accommodations, the Quaker Friends Meeting House in Claremont.
- Are the "responsible person" on-site during the nighttime hours. They ensure that the facility is locked and that our participants do not leave the premises during the night. If any issues arise, they are expected to contact the appropriate resource - the Accommodations Coordinator (me), police, fire, ambulance, etc. We DO NOT ask nor DO NOT EXPECT them to act as first responders or other roles for which they aren’t prepared. FYI - in the years that I’ve been an overnight host, there has never been a need for me to get involved in any problematic issues. With everyone sleeping, the overnight hours are peaceful and quiet.
- Are provided with a cot and bed linens, and are encouraged to sleep during the night.
- Unlock the facility in the morning so that the breakfast host can take over at 6:00 AM.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 1 night a month