If you are a fun, caring and outgoing person who loves interacting with seniors, helping them enjoy life through music, games, live entertainment, and more then volunteering as an Activity Assistant Volunteer will be a great fit for you!
Research has shown that enrichment activities can help in reducing isolation, stimulating cognitive and physical abilities, increasing sense of community, and promoting independence.
The Activity Assistant Volunteer will play a major role in ensuring all seniors are actively engaged in quality programming. The activities will vary every day but many of the responsibilities will remain the same. Those responsibilities include:
- Assisting with transporting seniors in wheelchairs to and from the activity rooms, rest rooms, dining rooms, and their personal rooms.
- Setting up activities for the day, including preparing snacks and organizing activity materials.
- Delivering newspaper to resident rooms daily.
- Posting daily activity sheets and changing the weather board to reflect new day and season.
- Carrying out activities with seniors, individually or in group settings. Activities will include bingo, arts and crafts, exercising, reading the newspaper, and more!
- Cleaning up after activities, including helping to clean the bird cages.
- Conducting one-on-one visits with residents unable or chooses to not participate in group activities.
- Reporting changes in resident behavior, safety hazards, or procedural difficulties to the Director of Village Enrichment.
- Adhering to the Volunteer Handbook & Policy Manual.
A detailed orientation and training will be provided upon start of service at Eliza Bryant Village.
The Activity Assistant Volunteer should exhibit dependability, punctuality, creativity, enthusiasm, affection, flexibility, and patience. Our seniors enjoy having a great time so this expected to be fun for both seniors and volunteers!
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Weekdays and Weekends from 9am-4pm