Put A Smile on A Senior's Face Through A Friendly Visit!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
If you are a fun, caring and outgoing person who loves interacting with seniors then volunteering as a Friendly Visitor will be a great fit for you.
We are seeking volunteers to visit our seniors in our Skilled Nursing Home who can benefit from individual attention. Depending on the level of a senior’s cognitive or physical impairment or personal choice, participation in group activities which helps in reducing isolation and encouraging community is not always possible.
For many of our seniors, it is a visit from someone that will truly make their day. Help put a smile on the faces of our seniors.
The Friendly Visitor will play a major role in ensuring seniors in our Skilled Nursing Home continue to improve through stimulation and friendship. Responsibilities for the Friendly Visitor include:
- Providing a 30 minute one-on-one friendly visit to one or more seniors in the Skilled Nursing Home.
- Using the resident profile and activity cart filled with crossword puzzles, arts and crafts, books, music, etc. to determine activity during one-on-one friendly visit.
- Completing the One to One Visit Log reporting form after each friendly visit to report successes.
- Reporting changes in resident behavior, safety hazards, or procedural difficulties to the Director of Village Enrichment.
- Adhering to the Volunteer Handbook & Policy Manual.
A detailed orientation and training will be provided upon start of service at Eliza Bryant Village.
The Friendly Visitor should exhibit dependability, punctuality, creativity, enthusiasm, affection, flexibility, and patience. Our seniors enjoy having a great time so this expected to be fun for both seniors and volunteers!
We'll work with your schedule.
7201 Wade Park AvenueCleveland, OH 44103
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training