The Creative Writer provides content for a variety of marketing initiatives and is responsible for writing requirements on particular projects like events and fundraising campaigns, as needed. The Creative Writer will be reporting to the Manager - Marketing team and this role is an ongoing/long-term opportunity effective immediately.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead writer for specific projects, as needed.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Team on specific content.
- Provide writing support for the blog, social media, and other collaterals.
Experience & Skills
- A broad knowledge and experience writing for non-profit, blogging, social media marketing, editing, and PR.
- Excellent skills in copywriting, feature writing, and writing for the web.
- A minimum of Bachelors degree education.
- At least 1 to 3 years of relevant experience.
ASANTE VOLUNTEER POSITION NOTES:
To be successful as a member of the Asante Africa Foundation team, you will also:
§ Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
§ Be an innovative and creative thinker - you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
§ Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
§ Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction § Work well independently as well as part of a team
§ Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
§ Directly impact Asante Africa’s efforts to fund education-related projects that enhance knowledge, skills, and opportunities for hundreds of children in East Africa
§ Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run entirely by volunteers
§ Gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a nimble, results-orientated, high-growth nonprofit organization
§ Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented
§ Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours/week
- Partially virtual & partially face-to-face opportunity
- IT Systems Associate
- Survey Digitization Associate
- Program Proposal Writer
- SEO/SMO/Google Adwords Intern
- Report Writer - Monitoring,...
- Data Support Analyst
- Creative Writer Volunteer
- Co-Team Leader for University...
- Social Media Volunteer (USA Based)
- Fundraising | Partnership...
- Grant Writer
- Business Development and...
- WordPress Web Editor Volunteer
- Graphic Designer