Give back to those in your community in as little as 15 minutes!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
HospiceCare volunteers are the HEART of HospiceCare and they provide comfort and companionship to people living with a serious illness and help their family caregivers in a variety of ways. We rely on our volunteers to help with office work, fundraising, outreach and patient care. Our volunteers gain great personal satisfaction knowing that they have made a significant impact on another person’s life.
Services that our volunteers provide:
- Visiting with patients
- Spending time doing activities with patients
- Running errands for the patient or their family
- Encouraging the patient to share their experiences with them
- Providing a break for the patient’s caregiver so they can take care of themselves
- Vigil companion
- Kid’s Path volunteer
- Bird feeders
- Bereavement volunteer
- Music volunteer
- Special Events volunteer
- Flowers & More
Administrative/Office work, including:
- Answering phone calls
- Data entry
- Mailings and photocopying
- Giving tours of our facilities
We never ask our volunteers to do anything that they are not comfortable doing.
HospiceCare trains our volunteers! Training covers the following areas:
- The HospiceCare philosophy
- A comprehensive overview of HospiceCare services
- Physical, emotional, social and spiritual issues that people can encounter at end-of-life
- Individual needs, including emotional support, emergency procedures, precautions and end-of-life procedures
- An overview of chronic and life-limiting illnesses
- Effective communication skills
- Boundaries for the volunteer and the patient and family
- Information about grief and loss
How do I sign up to be a HospiceCare volunteer?
If you’d like more information, or if you are interested in becoming a HospiceCare volunteer,go to www.hospicecarewv.org. Fill out the form and one of our Volunteer department staff will get in touch with you.
Of course, you can always call us at 304-768-8523 as well.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About KANAWHA HOSPICE CARE INC
1606 KANAWHA BLVD W, CHARLESTON, WV 25387, US
To affirm life by committing to enhance the lives of the dying and their families by recognizing the dignity and uniqueness of individuals and by responding to the changing needs of our communities.
Our Vision We strive to maintain and expand a caring, professional presence and leadership by providing quality palliative, bereavement, and education services for terminally ill individuals, their families, and the community.
We'll work with your schedule.
1606 KANAWHA BLVD WCharlestonCharleston, WV 25387
- Data Entry
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 days a week or several times a month.
- TB test, auto insurance, and criminal background check.