14 people are interested
Bring Compassion to a Hospice Patient!
14 people are interested
Community Home Care & Hospice’s volunteers provide emotional support and companionship, comfort, and respite to our patients and families. All of our patients have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness. We strive to enable our patients to live their last days in the most fulfilling manner possible, whether they choose to do so in their home or in a nursing facility.
Are you a good listener? Are you dependable? Do you have a desire to help others? If so, you would be a great hospice volunteer! No medical background is necessary. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds, professions, and age groups.
Not sure how you can help?
A few suggestions:
1. Sitting with a patient while the caregiver leaves the home to visit, shop, attend church, pursue hobbies/interests, attend meetings, or perhaps go to the barber shop/beauty salon.
2. Sitting with a patient so the family/caregiver can simply take a nap or rest.
3. Preparing and delivering meals to the patient and family.
4. Assist in preparing birthday or holiday cards for mailing.
5. Read to a patient.
6. Sing to a patient.
7. Laugh with a patient.
8. Simply sit by the bedside and hold the hand of a patient.
Volunteers can give as much or as little time as their schedules allow. There is not a set number of hours required. As patient/family needs differ so do volunteer hours. Whether you have a few minutes or several hours to give, this is the program for you.
About Community Home Care and Hospice-Asheboro
533 S Fayetteville Street, Greensboro, High Point, Lexington, Asheboro, NC 27203, US
To honor life and offer compassion to individuals, and their families, when facing a life-limiting illness.
Community Home Care and Hospice-Asheboro is committed to clinical excellence in hospice care. We see each individual as more than a patient. Our skilled professionals and volunteers design an all-encompassing program, customized to each patient that addresses not only the physical needs but also the emotional and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Our hospice teams provide compassionate care for individuals and their families when life matters most.
533 South Fayetteville StreetAsheboro, NC 27203
December 1, 2021
- Hospice Care
- First Aid / CPR
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment is flexible with your schedule
- If under 18, we require parent permission.