POSITION TITLE: 4-H Advisory Committee Member
TIME COMMITMENT: One to two year commitment of scheduled meetings as specified in the 4-H Advisory Committee Constitution.
PURPOSE: Support and advise 4-H professionals about the current and future needs of county youth, volunteers and families in order to promote and foster involvement in 4-H Youth Development Programs.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help plan, conduct, evaluate and recommend hands-on, experientially based educational programs for youth and volunteers based on county needs
- Lead and assist with educational clinics, workshops, fundraisers, and promotional events
- Attend committee meetings and actively participate in the committees’ business, goals, objectives, mission and overall efforts in a positive manner
- Encourage participation from parents, members, families, and the community in 4-H programs and activities at the county and state levels
- Keep informed and share 4-H information communicated through the 4-H Youth Development website, social media, emails, etc.
- Inform 4-H Professional(s) concerning training and resource needs of members or volunteers
- Assist in securing resources to conduct, promote, and expand the 4-H program
- Promote favorable public relations and a positive image of the 4-H program
- Participate in educational opportunities to further knowledge and skills
- Work with 4-H Professional(s), volunteers and youth in a positive manner that promotes teamwork and collaboration within the 4-H program.
- Become familiar with and work within the philosophy, guidelines and standards of behavior of the North Carolina Cooperative Extension, North Carolina 4-H Program and the Moore County 4-H Program.
- Decision Making
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Please contact our organization for more information!