Art Session Assistant
68 people are interested
Art2Remember is a new non-profit organization that facilitates art experiences for those living with dementia. Currently, we are looking for volunteers to work with our trained facilitator and assist clients during one hour art sessions. Experience working with people living with dementia is helpful but not necessary. No art experience necessary. Currently, the sessions are held on weekdays in adult family homes in the Bothell and Kenmore areas. We are looking for a time commitment of 1.5hrs every other week. We would also like volunteers to be able to commit to at least a 4 month period of time. Our volunteers have found their time with us very enjoyable and a true blessing.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
P.O. Box 1655, Bothell, WA 98041, US
To enhance the lives of caregivers and their loved ones living with dementia through creative arts experiences, and to promote the value of arts programming in dementia care. We use artistic expression to help unlock creativity, improve self-esteem, create new memories, and strengthen relationships.
Art2Remember provides opportunities for those living with dementia to engage in creative expression through facilitated art sessions. Art projects using a variety of mediums are designed to encourage engagement. Currently, we provide regularly scheduled sessions at adult family homes in the Bothell and Kenmore areas. Assistance and guidance are provided during the sessions by trained facilitators and volunteers.
As we expand, Art2Remember's goals are:
- to offer new, creative activities for caregivers and their loved ones with early-stage dementia to experience together.
- to provide opportunities for participants to relax, enjoy quality time with each other, and create new memories without the pressure of planning and organizing.
- to offer caregivers art-making workshops encouraging self-care.
- to educate the community about the benefits of utilizing creative arts in dementia care.
We'll work with your schedule.
The Eastside (Bothell, Kenmore, Woodinville)Bothell, WA 98011
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- 1.5 hrs. twice/month
- Volunteers provide their own transportation to the class location in the Bothell/Kenmore area.