Do you enjoy spending time with Older Adults? Would you like to support people living with early-stage memory loss in your community? Your time is valuable, and here at Gloria’s Way we appreciate each moment you volunteer.
Transportaion Volunteer - Gloria's Way matches volunteer drivers with older adults living with memory loss, needing a way to get around. Our volunteer drivers use their own cars to provide door-to-door rides to medical appointments, personal appointments, events, or light errands within a 5 mile radius of Fairmount blvd & Warrensville center road in University Heights. A typical round trip takes 1-3 hours; a one-way drop off is about 30mins - 1hour.
Why Drive a senior adult living with memory loss?
- Family members may be distant or sometimes are unavailable.
- Public transportation is not easily accessible or designed for older adults living with dementia.
- Uber service can be costly on a fixed income and/or not accessible to older adults.
Volunteer driving is fun & easy
- There’s no minimum weekly commitment.
- Drivers fit trips to their schedules.
- Rides can be set up by phone or via email.
- We encourage family members - young and old - to ride along.
Requirements designed to help us protect our older adult passengers:
- Be 20 years of age and have a high-school graduate.
- Provide a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
- Pass background and driver record checks.
Volunteers work with clients to determine weekly driving schedule that works best for both.
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Elder care
- Case Work / Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Based on what you are able to give!
- Prior work experience with Seniors is a plus