Victims of domestic and sexual violence find safety and security at FRIENDS. While staying in our shelter or meeting with an advocate for 1:1 sessions, we want to make sure all of our clients receive the best care possible. Language barriers between staff and clients can make a scary or traumatizing time even scarier for the client.
If you can help by signing on to be an interpreter with us, the difference you make will be immeasurable!
- Attend client/staff sessions in-person at FRIENDS
- Interpret conversations between FRIENDS staff and clients
- Maintain confidentiality of clients and staff
- Translate documents as able
- Motivated to help others
- Preferred: knowledge of Domestic and Sexual Violence Trauma, but will train as necessary
- Qualified or certified interpreters - our biggest current need is for Spanish speaking interpreters, but we are hoping to expand our pool of volunteers to be as inclusive as possible.
Contact Holland Dvorak at:
262-334-5598 ext. 110
- American Sign Language
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 months