Massage Therapy Volunteers
1 person is interested
Massage Therapy Volunteer
Goal: "To provide massage therapy to patients who are grieving"
Aseracare Hospice is seeking those who are licensed to provide massage therapy services and offer your services for free to our hospice patients. These volunteers will provide their specialty service to enhance the quality of life for a patient on hospice. These visits will vary from a one-time visit, or on-going as desired from the patient/family.
What can Massage Therapy Volunteers do?
- Provide massage services in a variety of settings our patients reside (homes, skilled nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities)
- Assist in reminiscing and listening to life stories.
* Attendance at all required sessions of the Direct Volunteer Training/Orientation
* Have a current Massage Therapist license in the state of Ohio and provide a copy during the interview process.
* Have some flexibility to meet with patients for a one time visit, series of visits or ongoing weekly visits (as specified by a family.)
This volunteer opportunity is available to the following types of volunteers
We need volunteers who are free at these times
Weekdays: Hours between 8am-8pm
Weekends: Weekends as needed
This volunteer opportunity addresses the following social interests
Health & Seniors
If you are interested in providing a caring hand in the lives of others, consider becoming a Hospice Volunteer for AseraCare. If interested please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
We hope you’ll join our dynamic volunteer team!!
Ellen M Barber
Volunteer Program Coordinator
2820 W. Market St, Akron, Oh 44333
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
- 2-Step TB Screening, Drug Test, BCI, GL Background Check, Orientation to Hospice