Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteers - We Honor Vets Program,
AseraCare Hospice seeks caring, compassionate individuals who would be willing to visit our terminally ill veterans. Volunteers offer patients comfort by practicing a calming presence, deep compassion, and generous listening.Veterans have the ability to relate to other Veterans due to similar military experiences. Volunteers play an important role in providing social support and decreasing isolation that can so often occur for the terminally ill.
What can Veteran Volunteers do?
-Assist in reminiscing/listening to life stories
-Take part in pinning ceremonies or distribute certificates for Veterans Day and other recognition events.
-Assist in replacing lost medals.
* Attendance at all required sessions of the Direct Volunteer Training/Orientation
* Acceptance of supervision and direction from appropriate team members as is applicable to this program.
* Maintenance of appropriate boundaries and confidentiality.
This volunteer opportunity is available to the following types of volunteers
We need volunteers who are free at these times
Weekdays: Hours between 8am-8pm
Weekends: Weekends as needed
This volunteer opportunity addresses the following social interests
Health & Seniors
If you are interested in providing a caring hand in the lives of others, consider becoming a Hospice Volunteer for AseraCare. If interested please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
We hope you’ll join our dynamic volunteer team!!
Volunteer Program Coordinator
2820 W. Market St., Ste. 100 Akron, Oh 44333
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
- 2 Step-TB Screening, Drug Test
- Songs from the heart: Give the...
- Lend a Helping Hand: Become a...
- Help Us Grant One last Wish -...
- Administrative Volunteer
- Hospice Crafters (Volunteer)
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Spiritual Care Providers
- Veteran Volunteers
- Lend a Helping Hand, Become a...
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Therapy Volunteer (Akron,...
- Lend a helping hand: Become a...
- We Honor...