Music Enrichment Volunteer:
Goal: "Provide relief from stress, through the power of music"
Music is an important part of our hospice program. It can bring back fond memories and provide a release of stress. The volunteers we are looking for can sing, play musical instruments and are interested in providing joy to patients through music.
As a volunteer of AseraCare, you will provide companionship and support to patients and families in our hospice program. Volunteers will provide the following to patients and families:
- Be a listening ear to stories
- Providing avenues for communication that can be helpful to those who find it difficult to express themselves in words.
- Provide musical enrichment via song or playing an instrument
* Attendance at all required sessions of the Direct Volunteer Training/Orientation, including specific training on decision making about providing care for a patient on Hospice
* Acceptance of supervision and direction from appropriate team members as is applicable to this program.
* Maintenance of appropriate boundaries and confidentiality.
This volunteer opportunity is available to the following types of volunteers
We need volunteers who are free at these times
Weekdays: Hours between 8am-8pm
Weekends: Hours as needed
This volunteer opportunity addresses the following social interests
Health & Seniors
If you are interested in providing a caring hand in the lives of others, consider becoming a Hospice Volunteer for AseraCare. If interested please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
We hope you’ll join our dynamic volunteer team!!
Volunteer Program Coordinator
2820 W. Market St., Ste. 100 Akron, Oh 44333
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Music Therapy
- Patient Care
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
- 2 Step - TB Screening, Drug Test
- Songs from the heart: Give the...
- Lend a Helping Hand: Become a...
- Help Us Grant One last Wish -...
- Administrative Volunteer
- Hospice Crafters (Volunteer)
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Spiritual Care Providers
- Veteran Volunteers
- Lend a Helping Hand, Become a...
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Therapy Volunteer (Cleveland...
- Lend a helping hand: Become a...
- We Honor...