The AseraCare Hospice is seeking caring, compassionate individuals who would be willing to spend time visiting with our terminally ill patients and their families. Volunteers spend sacred time together with patients and families by accompanying them during their final journey. Companions offer patients healing by practicing a calming presence, deep compassion, and generous listening.
What can Hospice Volunteers do?
-Assist in reminiscing/telling life stories.
-Take part in activities such as; Bingo, puzzles, playing card games or reading
-Assist caregivers in providing them time to run an errand, shower, or nap.
* Attendance at all required sessions of the Direct Volunteer Training/Orientation, including specific training on decision making about providing care for a patient on Hospice
* Acceptance of supervision and direction from appropriate team members as is applicable to this program.
* Maintenance of appropriate boundaries and confidentiality.
This volunteer opportunity is available to the following types of volunteers
We need volunteers who are free at these times
Weekdays: Hours between 8am-8pm
Weekends: Hours as needed.
This volunteer opportunity addresses the following social interests
Health & Seniors
If you are interested in providing a caring hand in the lives of others, consider becoming a Hospice Volunteer for AseraCare. If interested please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
We hope you’ll join our dynamic volunteer team!!
Volunteer Program Coordinator
2820 W. Market St., Ste. 100 Akron, Oh 44333
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE
- 2 Step- TB Screening, Drug Test
- Songs from the heart: Give the...
- Lend a Helping Hand: Become a...
- Help Us Grant One last Wish -...
- Administrative Volunteer
- Hospice Crafters (Volunteer)
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Spiritual Care Providers
- Veteran Volunteers
- Lend a Helping Hand, Become a...
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Therapy Volunteer (Cleveland...
- Lend a helping hand: Become a...
- We Honor...