Event Committee Chairman
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
This is a non-compensated VOLUNTEER position. We are a non-profit volunteer search and rescue foundation and we are seeking an experienced event committee chairman. This Chairman will help raise funds and awareness for G.I. Joe Search and Rescue - The Joe Le Foundation. We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic volunteer who wants to run this event function.
The role of this volunteer position is to ensure that the event operations run smoothly and on time, that urgent issues are quickly resolved and that all post event details are handled and closed out. The Event Chairman is responsible for maintaining communications between all parties, directing related committees and keeping volunteers on task. This included monitoring the timetable to make sure critical deadlines are met and activities are initiated and properly executed when scheduled. The Chairman will work with the CEO on planning and engage with volunteers through all phases of the event.
- Review/update/adjust timelines for all functions leading up to the event, during, and after the event.
- Help recruit committee volunteers.
- Keep event team on task by reminding folks about event deadlines.
- Review, update and adjust check lists.
- Setup and manage ticket sales.
- Coordinate registration, planning.
- Supervise Registration.
- Act as a problem solver during event.
- Facilitate vendor payments at event.
- Coordinate opening and closing of various locations around the venue. (ie Reception doors, ballroom doors, etc.)
- Supervise with setup, and tear downs.
- Assign tasks and duties to volunteers, monitor and supervise.
- Be in regular communication with CEO.
- Support post-event wrap-up.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Customer Service
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- We are flexible! We will work with your schedule.
- Search and Rescue Medical Director
- Chairman of Development
- Assistant to the CEO
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Executive Assistant
- Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Grant Writer
- Networking, Outreach and...
- Chairman of Volunteer Services
- Chairman of Communications
- Web Developer
- Chairman of Fundraising
- CHIEF MEDICAL DIRECTOR
- Event Committee Member
- Chairman of Public Relations
- Non Profit Lawyer
- Search and Rescue (SAR) Volunteer
- Event Committee Chairman