JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
The Senior Engagement Manager will be responsible for managing all senior volunteers within the organization. The primary role is to ensure that seniors are having a smooth volunteer experience and that things are running efficiently.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Recruiting within the senior community for those who would be interested in volunteering
- Interviewing and screening potential volunteers
- Following up with candidates/those who expressed interest to arrange interviews, check availability, etc.
- Engaging volunteers to ensure they are enjoying the experience and act as a resource for them to answer questions and provide support.
- Coordinating workload for volunteers and managing their assignments
- Managing relationship with the volunteers under your charge
- Scheduling volunteers (when applicable)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Managing experience or team leader experience would be a plus, but not a necessity
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- A passion for helping others
Weekly Time Commitment Required
A maximum of 2-4 hours a week.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 2 to 4 hours per week
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- COA: Java Tutor for High School...
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...