Teach Beginning ESL at Fremont Main Library!
WhenMon Jul 23, 2018 - Thu Dec 13, 2018
Where2450 Stevenson Blvd.Fremont, CA 94538
English Forward Tutors teach adult English language learners beginner English skills, such as introductions, time, and daily routines. Tutors facilitate small groups of 3-6 adult learners to build their confidence and be prepared for adult school, seeking jobs, and/or career preparation.
All tutors must attend two days of training in late July and early August. Tutors are needed for morning, afternoon, or evening classes.
The Write to Read Program is seeking volunteers who:
- Have experience teaching from lesson plans for adult learners
- Have experience facilitating small groups
- Are patient, respectful, and creative in helping adult learners
- Can commit up to 6 months
Feel free to contact Helen Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 745-1573 for a volunteer application and further details to the program.
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per week (two 2-hour sessions per week)