Donate one lunch hour a week to improve student reading skills.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
17 people are interested
If you like kids and you like to read,
you’ll love Lead to Read KC - plus it’s simple and easy!
Sign-up below for the 2017-18 school year!
There are no meetings, no long training sessions, no weekends or night visits, no long drives. There’s nothing to bring or buy. Just choose when you want to volunteer and the participating elementary school in which you want to read. Then show up once a week, where you’ll work alongside other Lead to Read KC Reading Mentors. If you need to miss a session, substitute Reading Mentors will be available.
We do the rest. All Lead to Read KC sessions:
- Last 30 minutes
- Take place around the lunch hour
- Are held in a classroom at a partnering elementary school
295 S 10th StKansas City, KS 66102
- Literacy / Reading
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Half an hour once a week during the school year
- Volunteer Application