MECKLENBURG COUNTY YOUTH TRACK AND FIELD MEETS/JC Smith University
WhenSun Apr 15, 2018 08:00 AM - Sat May 12, 2018 03:00 PM
WhereJohnson C. Smith University - Irwin Belk Complex500 Summit AvenueCharlotte, NC 28216
DATES OF EVENTS:
- Sunday, April 15
- Saturday, April 21
- Sunday, April 29
- Saturday, May 5
- Saturday, May 12
TIME VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Saturdays 8:00am-3:00pm, Sundays 12:00-7:00pm
The Youth Track & Field program is an annual youth sports offering from Mecklenburg County, serving over 500 participants ages 4 to 18 years old in 2017. Athletes compete in developmentally appropriate disciplines in a recreational setting, to promote a love of athletics!
Volunteers are needed to assist with a wide variety of tasks during each meet, including: event set-up and tear-down; clerking tent (athlete check-in); hipping tent (distributing numbers to athletes, etc.); warm-up areas; starting line; finish line volunteers and timing/finish line runner; and helping with various events that need additional preparation including long-jump and softball throw. We will also need volunteers to: assist the announcer, act as ushers for the athletes and runners for additional support; and to be Hospitality Assistants, keeping hospitality stations stocked with water and refreshments for athletes, officials and volunteers (ability to lift 30+ pounds on and off trailers is required for Hospitality Assistants).
*Volunteers must be at least 12 years old for these events - ANY volunteer under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by a parent/adult at all times. Please wear comfortable clothing/shoes, and bring a lunch, sunscreen, hat and water bottle - snacks/refreshments will be provided.
Please contact VolunteerServices@MecklenburgCountyNC.gov and specify DATE to register!
- Child Development
- Outdoor Recreation
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 8am - 3pm
- SATURDAY PROJECT/COL F BEATTY PARK
- SENIOR GAMES - SOFTBALL...
- MECKLENBURG COUNTY YOUTH TRACK...
- YOUTH SPORTS: Indoor Soccer...
- SENIOR GAMES - HORSESHOE &...
- Project L.I.T. (Learning,...
- SENIOR GAMES - BOWLING 9 MIXED...
- Natural Resources Volunteer...
- SENIOR GAMES - BILLIARDS
- SENIOR GAMES - BADMINTON (SINGLES)
- SENIOR GAMES - BOWLING (DOUBLES
- SENIOR GAMES - ARCHERY
- NATIVE PLANTS GARDENING -THURSDAY
- SATURDAY PROJECT/McDowell Nature...
- SENIOR GAMES - SWIM MEET
- DISABILITY AWARENESS PICNIC
- SENIOR GAMES - BOWLING (SINGLES)
- YOUTH SPORTS: Baseball/T-ball...
- YOUTH SPORTS: Track and Field...
- SENIOR GAMES - TENNIS,...