The First Tee of Canton is a youth development organization and our mission is to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to assist with our 2018 season which includes programs during the summer and fall sessions. Golf experience is not necessary. A background check must be completed prior to volunteering.
- Assistant Coaches - assist certified coaches with running classes, monitoring kids, promoting safe practices and emphasizing life skills and Nine Core Values during the classes.
- Class monitors - helping to check in/check out the participants, assisting with setting up and tearing down equipment, etc.
- Facilities - assist course superintendent with mowing, weeding, mulching, various other facility upkeep
- Fundraising - assist with raising funds for special events including golf outing and online auction; grant writing assistance, etc.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- depends on commitment level and season
- Volunteer Application required