Community Educator (Sexual Violence, Sexual Assault, Gender Violence, Relationships)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
28 people are interested
The Community Educator will represent The Center by engaging the public at community events. They will help educate our communities about issues surrounding sexual assault and gender violence through giving presentations and doing training.
- This position requires strong communication skills.
- Must be comfortable and confident in public speaking.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of issues surrounding sexual assault.
- The Community Educator will have to complete a 38 hour volunteer training at the center.
- The Community Educator is required to work a minimum of one event per month.
Apply online: https://visitthecenter.org/volunteer
We'll work with your schedule.
718 J Clyde Morris BLvdSuite BNewport News, VA 23601
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We want our volunteers to serve a minimum of 1 yr.
- Interview, Background Check, Mandatory 38 hour training (provided by The Center).