Victim Advocate (Volunteer)
35 people are interested
Victim Advocates provide emotional support and resources to primary and secondary victims of sexual assault. This is done both over the phone (crisis hotline) & in person (hospital exam, police interview, etc).
- This position requires crisis intervention and good communication skills.
- Must be able to respond to victim/family in a non-judgemental and unbiased manner.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of the issue of sexual assault and domestic violence.
- The Victim advocate will have to complete a mandatory 32 hour volunteer training that specifically prepares one to become a victim advocate as well as other positions we have available to our volunteers.
- The Victim Advocate is required to sign up for a minimum of 2 shifts per month.
- The Victim Advocate's purpose is to provide support to the victim without interfering with the medical examination or police investigation.
Apply here: https://visitthecenter.org/volunteer
We'll work with your schedule.
718 J Clyde Morris BLvdSuite BNewport News, VA 23601
- People Skills
- Crisis Counseling
- Crisis Intervention
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 shifts per month, for at least 1 yr of service
- Interview, Background Check, 32 hr training (all through our center).