Project Monitoring & Evaluation Intern with Safe Passage / Camino Seguro
Safe Passage, a 501(C)3 non-profit development-focused organization, is seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on, Project Monitoring & Evaluation Intern to join the organization’s Database Team.
Known in Guatemala as Camino Seguro, Safe Passage’s mission is to empower at-risk children and families who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump community by creating opportunity and fostering dignity through the power of education. Safe Passage is a secular, non-political organization with a staff of about 100, including about 15% international staff and long-term volunteers.
Safe Passage is seeking a motivated individual for an exciting opportunity to expand analytical capacity for monitoring & evaluation. We operate a cross-departmental database (Blackbaud’s Education Edge, as well as other customized Access-like databases) that provides planning, data-collection, queries, report-generation, and analysis that provide program monitoring & evaluation. Google Drive is used for teamwork, gathering data, and sharing analysis and reports. Intern will work within a friendly team, all of whom do some data input/importing, queries, preparation Excel tables and short, interpretive Word reports.
The Intern should have an interest in project evaluation, data analysis, problem solving, asking and answering questions.
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Safe Passage, as well as a passion for promoting social justice
- Solid knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Filemaker Pro, or similar; Google Drive apps.
- Experience in creating, sorting, manipulating databases.
- Intermediate Spanish and Intermediate English
- Organized work style and creative problem-solving skills
NOT REQUIRED: coding, programming, or server management expertise.
- Professional mentoring and work with dynamic and highly motivated staff in a friendly, supportive, organizational culture
- Learn about the challenges and resilience of an incredible population and the rich culture of Guatemala
- Opportunity to gain valuable professional experience with leading monitoring and evaluation technology
- Monthly housing allowance commeasurate with experience for a commitment of 3-6 months or more
- Free lunch and transportation to the project
- Paid sick leave
- 5 paid vacation days per 6-month period
- One month paid vacation during school break (Dec-Jan), if returning for the following school year
For more information about the organization, please see www.safepassage.org/volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
6a Avenida 11-95 Colonia Landivar, Zona 7Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- Critical Thinking
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum Three Month Commitment