Volunteers needed for Boise Office Intake
28 people are interested
Seeking Front Desk Volunteers
Jesse Tree prevents eviction and homelessness for families in Idaho’s Treasure Valley by providing timely financial assistance, landlord mediation, case management, and connections to a comprehensive array of community services and resources during a household’s most critical time of need. Since 2001, Jesse Tree has prevented over 3,000 households and 8,000 individuals from falling into homelessness, administering over $2.5 million in rental assistance. With the rising cost of living and stagnating wages, thousands of households in Ada and Canyon Counties are being evicted each year, and the need for prevention is only increasing - we are recruiting volunteers to help fill that need.
Jesse Tree is seeking volunteer front desk workers who will serve as our front-line workers in making sure people who call in receive needed assistance to stay housed.Responsibilities
- Be the first friendly, helpful face our clients see
- Answer the phone for clients calling in, and greet clients who walk into our office
- Assist clients with answering a series of screening questions, and help them gather required documentation for our program
- Check our voice messages and return calls and emails
- Refer clients to other needed community programs and resources - whatever it takes to keep them housed
- Track client phone calls using our internal tracking system
- Assist with general office duties, making copies, mailings for donations and events, and thank you letters
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Be a consistent presence in the office for a 3 hour time block, for either 1-2 days a week, or 1 day every other week (6-24 hours/month)
- Be a friendly problem-solver
- Remain committed to keeping our clients’ information confidential
- You will be required to attend a Volunteer Orientation, and staff will provide you with the support you need throughout your time with us
- 18 years and older
- Dress code is business casual
To apply, submit your resume and note of interest to our Program Manager, Rachel Lara, at email@example.com.
Jesse Tree is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status.
We'll work with your schedule.
1121 Miller St.BoiseBoise, ID 83702
- Office Reception
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 3 hours per week, or every other week as you are available.