Housing Crisis Line Volunteer
33 people are interested
Jesse Tree is seeking housing crisis line volunteers who will serve as our front-line in making sure people who call in receive needed information and assistance to stay housed.Responsibilities
- Be the first friendly, helpful face our clients see
- Answer the phone for clients calling in, and greet clients who walk into our office
- Assist clients with answering a series of screening questions, and help them gather required documentation for our program
- Check our voice messages and return calls and emails
- Refer clients to other needed community programs and resources - whatever it takes to keep them housed
- Track client phone calls using our internal tracking system
- Assist with general office duties, making copies, mailings for donations and events, and thank you letters
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Be a consistent presence in the office for a 2-3 hour time block, for either 1-2 days a week, or 1 day every other week (4-24 hours/month)
- Be a friendly problem-solver
- Remain committed to keeping our clients’ information confidential
- You will be required to attend a Volunteer Orientation, and staff will provide you with the support you need throughout your time with us
- 18 years and older
- Dress code is business casual
To apply, please RSVP to Jesse Tree's training event through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/jessetreeidaho/events/?ref=page_internal
Jesse Tree is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status.
About Jesse Tree
1121 W MILLER ST, BOISE, ID 83702, US
Jesse Tree provides a hand up to people experiencing a financial crisis, empowering them to remain in their homes.
Jesse Tree works with families and individuals in our community who are experiencing a financial and housing crisis and unable to pay rent, providing needed support so they can stay in their homes. Clients are provided with crisis counseling, family and landlord mediation, referrals to other needed services and resources, budgeting and financial literacy assistance, management program, and, as needed, rental assistance. We provide just what's needed to help a household establish stability and financial independence moving forward. Since 1999, Jesse Tree has assisted over 3,000 families and 8,000 individuals, administering over $2.5 million in rental assistance.
We'll work with your schedule.
500 S Ash StBoise, ID 83702
- Office Reception
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- 3 hours per week, or every other week as you are available.