HOUSING AND CONSTRUCTION PROJECT IN INDIA
Location of Project: The rural district of Krishnagiri, the state of Tamilnadu
Project Length: Minimum 2 weeks - Maximum 12 weeks
Arrival Airport: Bangalore International Airport
Placement locations : Small villages in the Krishnagiri district of southern Tamilnadu state, to build beneficiaries house, schools, hostels, libraries, water champers, over tanks, toilets and beneficiaries home.
Beneficiaries : Local schools, Poor, underprivileged and disadvantaged Communities.
Role : Contributing to developing communities by learning how to build walls, plaster, mix mortar, lay blocks, and more, for schools, libraries, computer skills centre, and homes.
Start dates : Start any day and choose number of weeks and duration of your stay.
Number of Participants: Up to 15 international volunteers
Age: 17 years old and older
Age Exceptions: This project accepts volunteers who are 17 years old and younger with a letter of consent from a parent or guardian.
Visa: Must apply at least before 2-3 months advance, as Visa processing takes longer than expected time.
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT:
The Need for Housing Projects
Without safe and secure housing, it can be difficult for families in developing countries to get ahead. Housing projects are one of the first types of projects we look for when partnering with organizations in other countries. Our housing projects focus on families in low-income areas, especially those with children, extended family, and those with disabilities. These projects can range from rural areas to urban developments in larger cities.
The Importance of Quality Housing Projects
It goes without saying that quality housing is of the utmost importance and essential to a high quality of life. Living in substandard housing can lead to added stresses while not letting inhabitants focus on important things like going to school, getting work, basic hygiene, cooking, and safety. Something as simple as basic shelter can make a huge difference in someone’s life.
How We Find Housing Projects
Build abroad finds housing projects by partnering with local organizations that specialize in the development of low-income areas. We work closely with these partners to ensure all housing projects have long-term, sustainable goals while achieving effective, short-term fixes. We do this by following up with projects on a regular basis, documenting volunteer work, and making sure each project has particular criteria that or expert team decides on. We only work with the best partners and hire the best project managers and trip leaders.
Current Housing Construction Projects.
Build Abroad is currently working on a variety of housing construction projects in most of our locations, specifically in the rural district of Krishnagiri, in the state of Tamilnadu. We are also looking into new projects and we are always open to new projects where our volunteers can make a true impact. If you have an idea for a housing project, you can suggest it by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Building project, you will be involved in tasks such as:
- Clearing sites
- Digging foundation trenches
- Mixing and laying cement and concrete
- Laying bricks
The type of work you will do is dependent on what stage of the construction the project is at when you arrive. You don’t need any previous construction experience to participate, as our volunteers work under the supervision of a professional mason and a qualified construction engineer. They will teach you everything you need to know about building.
- You will join a team of Kenosis projects abroad volunteers and local people constructing and renovating simple buildings in the local communities.
- You may also help with landscaping the surrounding area, painting local schools, and renovating classrooms.
- Volunteers help in this process and also with building walls, plastering, and painting.
- Each building takes an average of one month to 3 months to construct and complete the entire infrastructure.
- You don’t need any previous construction experience to participate, as our volunteers work under the supervision of a professional mason and a qualified construction engineer.
- If you are a qualified, skilled and experienced volunteers, it's added credit for our projects in India.
- Please be aware that you may not be able to make the same impact as someone volunteering for a longer period and may not see the completion of some of the building work.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING:
- This is a great opportunity to get involved in a rural project and become an integral part of the local community.
- Our full time regional coordinators live nearby and visit the placements regularly, so you'll always have full support from Kenosis projects abroad.
- Building work takes place early in the morning and late in the afternoon to avoid the hot midday sun, so you'll have plenty of time to get involved in Indian life.
- Many volunteers immerse themselves in the local community by helping around the kindergarten class or playing cricket, football with some of the school children and youths in the lake ground, once the building work has finished for the day
- You have the opportunity to boost your resume, gain new skills and practical experience, and engage in meaningful cultural exchange.
- You will experience the hospitality of your host family.
- You will also be able to meet with other Kenosis volunteers during your time off and explore the local area.
- Upon completion, students will receive a certificate or a letter of work experience to add on to your CV and build your career life and to reflect your accomplishments.
More about your volunteering fee, what’s 'included’ and 'not included’ in your fee, please click here.
If you are inspired in any one of our projects, please apply now.
Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- Interior Design
- Civil Engineering
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 weeks - Maximum 12 weeks
- Must apply at least before 2-3 months advance, as Visa processing takes longer than expected time.
- Tefl And Teaching Projects Abroad
- Child Care Projects in India
- Group Volunteering Projects Abroad
- Volunteering Projects Abroad
- Social Work Internships for...
- Housing and construction project...
- Summer Break Volunteering in India
- Agriculture and Farming Projects...
- Building and Community...
- Medical Elective for Students...
- Medicine and Healthcare...
- Volunteer in Microfinance and...
- Teaching English and Computer...
- Women’s Empowerment Projects