TEFL AND TEACHING PROJECTS ABROAD
Location of Project: The rural district of Krishnagiri, the state of Tamilnadu
Project Length: Minimum 2 week - Maximum 12 weeks
Arrival Airport: Bangalore International Airport
Placement : Kindergardens, Montessori, After School Program, Small villages of farmers, slums of under developed and rural areas in the Krishnagiri district of southern state of Tamilnadu.
Beneficiaries : Children of poor in schools, underprivileged and disadvantaged Communities
Role : Teacher or teaching assistant (English)
Start dates : Start any day and choose number of weeks and duration of your stay.
Number of Participants: Up to 15 international volunteers
Age: 18 years old and older
Age Exceptions: This project accepts volunteers who are 17 years old and younger with a letter of consent from a parent or guardian.
Visa : Must apply at least before 2-3 months advance, as Visa processing takes longer than expected time.
Find volunteer work in India with this exciting project that offers you a TEFL certification course and the chance to practice your English teaching skills at one of India's government and private schools.
India’s government is continuously looking to improve the quality of English in the country, especially in disadvantaged and underprivileged rural communities. Therefore, schools and agencies are eager to bring native English-speakers to Thailand to teach, giving students the English education they need to succeed. This project aims to give volunteers the necessary TEFL certification course and teaching practice they need to find employment, when they return to their home countries.
TEFL COURSE: Prior to your English teaching experience, you are requested to attend an intensive 4-week Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) course in your home country. Here you will learn the skills and methodology needed to teach English. This will include classes in Language Acquisition, Classroom Management and Lesson Planning. During TEFL, you will have the opportunity to meet the other students in the course and will receive all the necessary teaching material. Certified teachers will provide you with 120 hours of classroom training in preparation for your placement. After passing the exam and completing the course requirements, you will be awarded a globally recognized TEFL certificate, detailed report and letter of recommendation.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE: Now that you have received your certification, you will begin the 2-week teaching experience of the project, working at a local government school. The school is located in the underdeveloped area of Bangalore region and rural district of Krishnagiri, in the state of Tamilnadu. You will teach children aged 6 to 12 with varying levels of English. For your first 8 hours of teaching, you will be under the supervision of an experienced TEFL qualified project manager.
This volunteer experience will not only help you become an exceptional teacher, but will also give you time to search for post - project employment in the future.
- You will teach children aged 6 to 12 with varying levels of English.
- For your first 8 hours of teaching, you will be under the supervision of an experienced TEFL qualified project manager.
- Minimum age 17
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- Good level of English
- Full travel and medical insurance
- Photocopy of your passport, Visa, confirmed flight tickets and police clearance certificate.
- Updated CV / Resume in English
- Immunizations (consult your local travel clinic)
- Attend TEFL courses and get certified to volunteer in teaching projects in India.
- You hold a graduation diploma in English language and Literature or similar degree that is related to teaching in English;
- You are a TEFL holder;
- You are experienced in English teaching and confident to handle English classes without the assistance of a regular Teacher.
BENEFITS OF TEACHING:
- Chance to practice your English teaching skills at one of India's government and private schools
- Get awarded a globally recognized TEFL certificate, detailed report and letter of recommendation.
- VOLUNTEERS: do not really need any qualification or certificate or previous experience to volunteering to teaching projects.
- INTERNS: do not really need any previous experience, but, even though you are qualified and eligible to get a monthly stipend, you will still have to pay a fee.
More about your volunteering fee, what’s 'included’ and 'not included’ in your fee, please click here.
If you are inspired in any one of our projects, please apply now.
Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- General Education
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 week - Maximum 12 weeks
- Must apply at least before 2-3 months advance, as Visa processing takes longer than expected time.
- Tefl And Teaching Projects Abroad
- Child Care Projects in India
- Group Volunteering Projects Abroad
- Volunteering Projects Abroad
- Social Work Internships for...
- Housing and construction project...
- Summer Break Volunteering in India
- Agriculture and Farming Projects...
- Building and Community...
- Medical Elective for Students...
- Medicine and Healthcare...
- Volunteer in Microfinance and...
- Teaching English and Computer...
- Women’s Empowerment Projects