Volunteer Opportunity Snapshot:
Volunteer Gardener wanted to tend/car for our very special Victory Garden. Find true volunteer satisfaction in a company that values your gardening skills! At Working Wardrobes, we are dedicated to providing a path for adults in crises to reenter the workforce--is embarking on an exciting period of expansion as we move into our 27 th year of bringing the dignity of work to at-risk individuals in our community. We’re now seeking an experienced gardener to take ownership of maintaining our Victory Garden - a peaceful, relaxing space for our clients, volunteers and staff.
As our volunteer gardener, you will tend to our Victory Garden’s needs, caring for the plants (edibles and ornamental).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow annual plants (vegetables and flowers) , replant according to season
- Harvest plants when necessary
- Keep the plants healthy and nourished
- Pest management WITHOUT the use of chemicals
- Cut deadheads, remove dead leaves and weeds
- Lay down mulch, wood chips, moss and other soil moisturizers depending on the plants
- Make sure the surroundings are clean and plants are clearly labeled
- Experience is a plus, training from Master Gardeners provided.
- 1-2 hours/week, 3-4 hours/quarter commitment, minimum
- Office Hours: 8:30-5pm
- Gardening tools, supplies provided
- Budget for purchases- plants, seeds, dirt, etc.
- Habitat Restoration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours/week, 3-4 hours/quarter commitment, mini
- Gardening experience is a plus