BUILDING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS ABROAD
Location of Project: The rural district of Krishnagiri, the state of Tamilnadu
Project Length: Minimum 1 week - Maximum 12 weeks
Arrival Airport: Bangalore International Airport
Placement locations : Small villages in the Krishnagiri district of southern Tamilnadu state, to build beneficiaries house, schools, hostels, libraries, water champers, over tanks, toilets and beneficiaries home.
Beneficiaries : Local schools, Poor, underprivileged and disadvantaged Communities
Role : Contributing to developing communities by learning how to build walls, plaster, mix mortar, lay blocks, and more, for schools, libraries, computer skills centre, and homes.
Start dates : Start any day and choose number of weeks and duration of your stay.
Number of Participants: Up to 15 international volunteers
Age: 17 years old and older
Age Exceptions: This project accepts volunteers who are 17 years old and younger with a letter of consent from a parent or guardian.
Visa: Apply at least before 2-3 months advance, as Visa processing takes longer than expected time.
Some of the most important work that needs to be done in developing communities is setting up basic infrastructure. Helping communities through building lays a foundation that will allow locals to continue with your efforts even after your volunteer work abroad has ended.
Building volunteers can work in a variety of destinations contributing to all types of sustainable projects. Whether you want to experience rural life in Indian remote villages or a big city in Bangalore region, there are different options for you to get the most out of your building work.
Volunteer Trips Building Overseas:
You can do volunteer building, whether you’re 16 or 60. These projects are for volunteers who are summer vacation, a gap year from your education, or taking a career break and they run all year round. You don’t need any previous building experience, though you should be physically fit and willing to work hard in order to partake in these projects.
International Building Projects Abroad:
Our Building Projects allow volunteers to be fully immersed in the host community. Volunteers work with locals to make sure these projects get completed and match the needs of the people they’re benefitting. You may find that the way you’re used to working on building projects back home can be very different from this experience; the materials used are often a bit more simple and there can be limited tools for construction. Additionally, work schedules are not always the same as you might imagine them to be in your own home country when you intern or volunteer. But it differs when you are in a developing country like India, so get ready to test your cross-cultural knowledge!
Group Building Projects for High School Students
For teen volunteers, Building projects are available as Building High School Special programs. High School Specials are designed for volunteers aged 16-19 to join a group of their peers working together under the guidance of our local staff.
This project is available for less than a month if you don't have time to join us for a month or more. This project has been selected by our local colleagues as being suitable for shorter durations for both the host community and the volunteer. Although you will gain valuable cultural insight and work intensely within the local community please be aware that you may not be able to make the same impact as someone participating for a longer period.
At the Building project, you will be involved in tasks such as:
- Clearing sites
- Digging foundation trenches
- Mixing and laying cement and concrete
- Laying bricks
The type of work you will do is dependent on what stage of the construction the project is at when you arrive. You don’t need any previous construction experience to participate, as our volunteers work under the supervision of a professional mason and a qualified construction engineer. They will teach you everything you need to know about building.
- You will join a team of Kenosis projects abroad volunteers and local people constructing and renovating simple buildings in the local communities.
- You may also help with landscaping the surrounding area, painting local schools, and renovating classrooms.
- Volunteers help in this process and also with building walls, plastering, and painting.
- Each building takes an average of one month to 3 months to construct and complete the entire infrastructure.
- You don’t need any previous construction experience to participate, as our volunteers work under the supervision of a professional mason and a qualified construction engineer.
- If you are a qualified, skilled and experienced volunteers, it's added credit for our projects in India.
- Please be aware that you may not be able to make the same impact as someone volunteering for a longer period and may not see the completion of some of the building work.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING:
- This is a great opportunity to get involved in a rural project and become an integral part of the local community.
- Our full time regional coordinators live nearby and visit the placements regularly, so you'll always have full support from Kenosis projects abroad.
- Building work takes place early in the morning and late in the afternoon to avoid the hot midday sun, so you'll have plenty of time to get involved in Indian life.
- Many volunteers immerse themselves in the local community by helping around the kindergarten class or playing cricket, football with some of the school children and youths in the lake ground, once the building work has finished for the day.
- You have the opportunity to boost your resume, gain new skills and practical experience, and engage in meaningful cultural exchange.
- You will experience the hospitality of your host family.
- You will also be able to meet with other Kenosis volunteers during your time off and explore the local area.
- Upon completion, students will receive a certificate or a letter of work experience to add on to your CV and build your career life and to reflect your accomplishments.
More about your volunteering fee, what’s 'included’ and 'not included’ in your fee, please click here. All your fee covers or meets your local in country expenses while you are with us in India, as we are not a funded organization, we rely on volunteers supports only.
If you are inspired in any one of our projects, please apply now.
Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- Urban Planning
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 weeks - Maximum 12 weeks
- Must apply at least before 2-3 months advance, as Visa processing takes longer than expected time.
- Tefl And Teaching Projects Abroad
- Child Care Projects in India
- Group Volunteering Projects Abroad
- Volunteering Projects Abroad
- Social Work Internships for...
- Housing and construction project...
- Summer Break Volunteering in India
- Agriculture and Farming Projects...
- Building and Community...
- Medical Elective for Students...
- Medicine and Healthcare...
- Volunteer in Microfinance and...
- Teaching English and Computer...
- Women’s Empowerment Projects