Location of Project: Bangalore city and the rural district of the state of Tamilnadu
Project Length : Minimum 2 week - Maximum 12 weeks
Arrival Airport: Bangalore International Airport
Types of care projects: Childcare, Daycares, Orphanage Work, Work with Children with Special Needs, Kindergarten Class work, Local Primary and after school, Hospital Care, Elderly and Community Centre Aid and Teaching English
Age of children : Few months to 17 years
Role : Assisting local staff by playing with children, teaching basic lessons in literacy and numeracy, and giving general help
Start dates : Flexible
Number of Participants : Up to 15 international volunteers
Age : 17 years old and older
Age Exceptions : This project accepts volunteers who are 17 years old and younger with a letter of consent from a parent or guardian.
Being a childcare volunteer in India generates a great opportunity to work in both rural villages and in urban communities. You will help to get children ready for school, play games, assist with homework, and teach basic English, arts and crafts, or sports.
Children are every community's hope for a better future. Nurturing future generations begins with a single lesson, a simple smile, or just a bit of extra attention. When you work as an international volunteer, you strengthen a community's greatest asset: their children. When you volunteer with child care centres, special needs centres, orphanages, day-care centres, kindergartens, local primaries, after school programs, or community centres, you are preparing children for great things.
Many of the children you will work with need positive role models in their lives. It is your job to give love, attention, care and affection. You will provide support to abused, abandoned, or otherwise vulnerable children so that they may grow to be happy and healthy adults. You'll be an invaluable role model for local children by offering support to an under-resourced staff.
You will help get the children ready for school, assist with homework and may teach the children basic English, art, crafts or sports. The love, care and attention received during the formative early years of a child’s life is directly linked to the health and happiness of that child as she grows. Assist in the care of underprivileged and orphan, and street kid’s homes, day care, kindergarten and nursery schools run by govt in rural district of Tamilnadu state and Karnataka State in India. Your basic tasks are to encourage brighter smiles and brighter futures. Make learning exciting from a young age and build inquisitive minds and a thirst for knowledge that will last a lifetime. General Child Care volunteers work in village day care centres alongside local staff. Assist staff in providing a safe environment for preschool children to play and learn. Set up games, sing songs and develop arts activities to enhance social skills and creativity. Make each day fun and whether you’re teaching ABC’s, nursery rhymes or numbers create a colourful and positive learning environment. Just as energies are running low from a morning of play assist staff in serving nutritious meals to refuel the children, and then, let the fun recommence!
There is no additional requirement to work as a childcare volunteer. If you love children and have the interest in meeting new people, you are ready to work as a volunteer. Every day is fun for the volunteers because you will receive love from the children. You will be preparing children for a bright future by playing games, serving meals, and giving much needed one-on-one attention and love.
As a volunteer, we only require that you are willing to work hard and are committed to the children in your care. In most cases volunteers stay in accommodation at the campus care placement where they are working. This gives you the opportunity to get involved with the children throughout the entire day.
- Teach children to say rhymes, teaching songs with actions, playing with them and engaging in other different creative activities and active games all aimed at developing their artistic abilities and enhancing their social skills
- Getting them engaged in drawing and painting, making jewellery, assisting staff in cooking, and help in keeping the campus and centre clean and tidy
- Make a difference in children’s lives, provide care and show them love, affection with additional supports
- Organize and assist local staff with various activities, from improving literacy, to playing games, feeding the children, taking them for walks, distributing the children’s meals as well as simple things such as helping them brush their teeth or making their beds
- Assist local teachers with all kinds of educational activities, such as arts and crafts, reading, and writing
- Help provide general care and support for disadvantaged children.
- Helping out the children with learning English and other subjects, computer skills for older children, aid school going children with their homework, prepare school going children for school and accompany them to school.
- Enjoyment of working with young children
- Sense of fun
- Caring and kind approach
- Be ready to travel and work with women and children
- Ready to learn from different cultural experiences as you exchange your own western culture with local communities.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Explore thousands of opportunities to volunteer and intern abroad that will help build your future
- To have a compassionate and optimistic outlook in life
- Travelling abroad allows you to leave your comfort zone and is the best chance to experience local food, traditions, and people coming from different communities
- Travel around this beautiful country after your placement
- Travel together, and even live together, this can reduce extra cost and save more money to travel to more places
- Have a global network of friends that you will never forget and will visit when you are in those parts of the world, sometime in the future
- Sometimes you can truly surprise yourself with the people that you meet overseas and the culture you experience
- You will be very open to embracing the culture, learn to appreciate - it’s a fantastic one
- Learn a new language and get completely immersed in a different culture
- It also gives your family and friends the chance to better understand daily life abroad
- Gather information, build skills, improve your knowledge and develop your personal and professional skills to add on to your CV
More about your volunteering fee, what’s 'included’ and 'not included’ in your fee, please click here.
If you are inspired in any one of our projects, please apply now.
Any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- American Sign Language
- Child Care
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 2 weeks - Maximum 12 weeks
- Apply 2-3 months advance, as Visa processing takes longer than expected time.
- Tefl And Teaching Projects Abroad
- Child Care Projects in India
- Group Volunteering Projects Abroad
- Volunteering Projects Abroad
- Social Work Internships for...
- Housing and construction project...
- Summer Break Volunteering in India
- Agriculture and Farming Projects...
- Building and Community...
- Medical Elective for Students...
- Medicine and Healthcare...
- Volunteer in Microfinance and...
- Teaching English and Computer...
- Women’s Empowerment Projects