Help Mountain Gorillas with your Technology superpowers!
6 people are interested
We are looking for a technology lead with experience to help us manage our technology needs. Location: Volunteering opportunity may be done remotely with communication via email and phone. General Responsibilities:
- Devise creative uses of technology to support and advance programs on a local and global scale;
- Apply expertise to technical needs and problems;
- Develop strategies and implement solutions for technology needs;
- Creation and implementation of action calendars;
- Oversee website to ensure reliable, secure continuous performance;
- Oversee social media presence to provide outreach;
- Process provided content and implement in website and social media;
- Perform administrative task including backup, maintenance, upgrades, user management, monitoring and performance tuning;
- Work with hosting providers for operation, maintenance and technical issues;
- Implement Google Analytics tracking.
- Good understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility and general web standards;
- LAMP Stack;
- Wordpress and familiarity with Wordpress plug-ins and widgets that can automate workflow;
- Knowledge of data backup, recovery and security;
- Excellent communication, documentation and troubleshooting skills.
PBR cultivates economic activities that restore the health of our natural and built environments and, in turn, create resilient, sustainable communities across the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
With an emphasis on critical service, PBR projects focus on training, design, and direct use of innovative bamboo products to support poverty alleviation, refugee and at-risk community health and welfare improvements, and social, economic, and environmental vitality. Check out this link to know more about our flagship program in East Africa: Bamboo for Good : http://pacificbamboo.org/bamboo-for-good/
We are looking for passionate volunteers who are interested in partnering with us for minimum, renewable 3-month (quarterly) commitments.
We are a high-performing team of talented professionals that bring original, creative ideas to the B4G program and then execute on those ideas both independently and collaboratively. We are seeking these types of reliable, committed volunteers to join us in various capacities.
We seek driven, self-motivated and dependable individuals who can consistently contribute to the team with ability to work independently and as an interactive member of the team.
If this sounds compelling, we’d love to hear from you! Please reach out and include the following in your introduction:
* Why did you pick us? Tell us why you are interested in partnering with us. What about PBR/B4G is of particular interest to you and connects with your personal and professional experiences?* How do you see yourself working with us? Tell us how you envision your stellar skills being applied within our organization and programs.
* What is your vision?
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
- IT Consulting
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Security / Network Administration
- Must be at least 18
- 3-5 hours depending on workflow
- Passion for PBR and B4G mission and programs.